With lockdown 2.0 in full force, our Incu Melbourne stores have had to temporarily close their doors, but that hasn’t stopped our team from staying busy at home. For this Melbourne Lockdown Special, we're bringing you a delicious gluten-free banana bread recipe from Incu QV's Store Manager, Liza. Hungry for more? We’ve got you covered with a playlist curated by QV's Chief Selector, Dan Wong. Enjoy this eclectic mix of tracks that he's been digging lately, which doubles as a great mixtape while you’re baking.
We're all looking forward to seeing some friendly faces back in-store in Melbourne soon, but for now, enjoy these treats from our Melbourne mates.
Liza's Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe:
I usually make this to give to my staff on their birthday and I usually add a little twist by adding in their favourite chocolate chunks, raspberries or blueberries.
300 g ripe banana
3 organic eggs
60 g honey or organic maple syrup
60 ml macadamia nut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
200 g almond meal
25 g ground flaxseed (linseed)
(Optional to add)
Favourite chocolate chopped or raspberries or blueberries or nuts
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C - fan-forced.
2. Combine mashed banana, honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, baking soda, and lemon (the lemon activates the baking soda). You can do this by hand in a large bowl or with a mixer.
3. Add the almond meal and flaxseed and mix well.
4. Lightly oil one loaf tin and then coat liberally with an extra almond meal or desiccated coconut - this will prevent the cake from sticking or you can line your loaf tin with baking paper. (Loaf tin size 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long)
5. Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
6. Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
8. Keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.
Toasted with Butter
Ricotta + Honey
Plain & Simple